The present Dublin Historic District was originally part
of the Virginia Military District and was given to an officer of the
Revolution for his service. Eventually it was sold to the Sells family, who
settled here in 1801 and laid out one of the oldest towns in Ohio.
Our main dining room was constructed by Cornelius Orrman
in the 1830’s and served as his home. The two story addition was added by
Holcomb Tuller in the 1850’s. Over one-hundred years ago, diners and
travelers were welcomed here when Mary Johnson Sells opened the Sells Hotel
in this building. Under the caring hands of Aunt Mary Sells, the Sells Hotel
gained a distinguished reputation for excellent service and fine meals.
Today, as Biddie’s Coach House, the tradition continues. We hope that you
enjoy our food and service and feel the history of this special place.
Growing up in the graceful antebellum home on the banks of
the Ohio River, Elizabeth Renick knew a way of life in which hospitality
and friends were important. As a young child, Elizabeth could not say her
own name, so she called herself Biddie. Her daughter Mary Marsalka
and Mary’s husband Joe, operated Biddie’s successfully for over 25 years.
In July of 2008, Diane and Dick Hammons
bought the business with the desire to continue the tradition of excellence.
Along with the great staff and their daughter and daughter-in-law, Amanda
Lucy and Jamie Hammons, this family run business enjoys serving both
new customers daily.